Rules of Play for Provincials
Below are a select number of items from the OMFLL Operating Policy that address the typical questions that generally arise during Provincials.
Most notably: Tie games stand in Round Robin play. Sudden victory OT is used in elimination and Medal games.
Rules of Play:
- FIL rules will be in effect for all games unless otherwise directed and approved by the OMFLL and OLA.
- All players’ sticks must abide by the FIL specifications. Full wooden sticks are not to be allowed.
- U13 and under are allowed a 34” stick in length as a minimum length. 40” for everyone above U13.
- Game Times: U11 modified rules and field size. Represented in Appendix.
- Game Times: U13: 12 minute quarters (last 2 minutes of 4th quarter stop time)
- Game Times: U15 and U17: 15 minute quarters (last 2 minutes of 4th quarter stop time)
- Half Time: 5 minutes
- Time Outs: 2 per game, taken at any time in the game.
- Tied games will stand in regular season play and Provincial round robin play.
- Overtime in Elimination games in Provincials: Sudden Victory will be played using 4 minute stop time periods.
Modified 8 on 8 Field Lacrosse Rules (U11)
- Teams must have a minimum of 8 players to ensure competitive games. (7 runners and a goalie)
- 2 attack players, 3 middies, 2 defenders and a goalie will comprise a team on the field.
- Games consist of two 25 min. halves with a 3-minute halftime. Stop time last 2 minutes of second half, only if score difference is 5 or less.
- If a team falls behind by 8 or more goals, they are awarded the ball at midfield after they have been scored on.
- A maximum of 2 long poles may be on the field per team. Maximum length of long stick is 48 ", minimum is 42”.
- Fields will be approx. 60 yards long and 50 yards wide.